As retail prices go up and with grocery bills constantly getting more expensive—especially for growing families—I’m always looking for ways to save on money, find good deals, and stretch the use of a product to get the most out of it. I’ve been known to roll toothpaste until every last drop is out of the tube, reuse Ziplock bags regularly, and opt for repurposing plastic bottles to store coins and other loose items around the house. If, like me, you find yourself always on the hunt for ways to save money, here are 15 ways to repurpose everyday household items and keep more cash in your pocket.
Blog - GeniCan
It’s funny how Halloween can just creep up on you sometimes. Life gets crazy like that, especially with lots of little ones running around zapping up your energy, time, and brain thoughts. But don’t worry—when it comes to last-minute DIY kid Halloween costumes we have you covered. Here are seven that you can make on the cheap and in minutes from household items.
Smartphone, smartwatch...smart trashcan? Yup. Welcome to the world of GeniCan, the device that attaches to your garbage or recycle bin and adds items to your list as you scan and throw them away. While at first it may seem a little ridiculous to some, this is the future of shopping and the press is taking note.
Here are just some of the articles tech journalists have written about GeniCan. And the results are pretty much the same – it’s time to throw away your shopping list.
- Buzzfeed - 20 Futuristic Appliances that are Totally Worth the Splurge - June 2017
- Medium - Year’s Best Tech Gadgets at CES 2017 Revealed - Jan 2017
- The Spoon - Forget the Fridge: GeniCan Moves Shopping List Smarts the the Garbage Can - March 2017
- USA Today - This Device Makes your Trashcan Smart, because Why Not it’s 2017 - Jan 2017
- Tech Crunch - Add Items to Your Grocery List by Scanning them on Your Way to the Garbage Can - Jan 2017
- Engadget - The GeniCan Updates Your Shopping List Based on What you Throw Away - Jan 2017
Also see what Rob Griffin, Co-Founder and CEO of GeniCan, has to say about it during an interview on the NYSE.
Page 1 of 6